Valentine’s Day, in a lot of countries, is considered as the celebration of love. This is the opportunity to share sweet words and to enjoy each other
On this occasion, we give you some suggestions to celebrate the evening and some inspiration to spoil the chosen one of your heart.
And if you opt for the mountains, in La Clusaz?
CHOOSE THE PLACE TO HAVE A ONE-TO-ONE DINER
A romantic address par excellence, an eye-to-eye dinner at the gourmet restaurant Le Cin5 at the hotel Au Cœur du Village***** Relais & Châteaux? Chef Vincent Deforce has designed a real journey of the senses for the occasion… Discover the menu
Another great idea is Le Bistro restaurant, which keeps its traditional menu but invites lovers to share a mouth-watering dessert: Gourmet sphere with Grand Cru Valrhona chocolate, tender heart of hazelnut and wild blueberries from our mountains.
And if you are more on the lake side, opt for Annecy
What a choice!
The Ô Bon Bec restaurant at Le Pélican hotel offers special menu for lovers and a surprise for your better half... 😉
La Boulangerie Ô Bon Pain also celebrates love thanks to Quentin Thévenard, pastry chef at the Imperial Palace, who offers a dessert around milk chocolate and passion fruit for the occasion..
At the Impérial Palace,you can choose between 2 restaurants, La Voile for gastronomy or La Brasserie for bistronomic.
It's not always easy to find inspiration, especially after Christmas. Come on sh, we'll give you a hand thanks to our gift vouchers:
CHOOSE THE RIGHT GIFT FOR VALENTINE'S DAY
- Cristal Spa: solo or as a duo, it is THE risk-free gift that is sure to please. But you could also be tempted by the novelty of the year, the body range from Alpeor, unless a Cinq Mondes box catches your eye 😉
- Le Pélican****: A fairly recent address in Annecy that you can discover or rediscover while staying there or simply by sharing a moment of indulgence at the Ô Bon Bec restaurant or both 😉. No error with the following lovers box but we still let you browse the rest.
- Au Cœur du Village*****: In winter as in summer, this Relais & Châteaux cocoon is a haven for lovers in La Clusaz. We fell for one of the offers: L'AMOUREUX
- Hôtel Beauregard****: mountain destination in all seasons, this is where it happens
- If your budget is more modest but you still want to take advantage of La Clusaz and the good addresses of the resort, head to the restaurant Le Bistro and the hotel Le Christiania***
- Impérial Palace****: show, gastronomy, games, an XXL choice.
VALENTINE'S DAY ORIGINS
Valentine’s Day first appeared during Roman antiquity. At first, it was celebrated the 15th of February. During this day, men chased women and beat them with goat strips. The incoming blows were supposed to ensure a happy pregnancy.
It’s during the XIV century, in Great Britain, that Valentine’s Day became the celebration of love.
At that time, a belief said that the season of love for birds began the 14th of February, then relayed by poets who found it conducive to declare his love on this day
Such as a lot of celebrations, Valentine’s Day stay anchored in the English speaking-world and then spread out around the world.